Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Roc

Default Re: Roc

Yes, that.

Or how it could even be possible to fly through a corridor that's less than half the width of the Roc's wingspan.
    The Roc isn't really ment to be a typical underground creature, it appears exclusively in the Overworld where there is all the space the Roc needs. But yes, I can see your point of that flawed area. Are there maybe any solutions you can think of this?

@Monsterbaby, it's getting nice. It deserves a suggestion thread of it's own, honestly.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

The idea of one creature being completely useless against another doesn't seem good at all(due to the flight ability), I understand this immunity is compensated by flight only being attainable at level 8 but ranged units are often very weak so this creature would have to be incredibly weak towards ranged units only when in flight.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: beringline

Quote Originally Posted by natchoguy View Post
    it would be cool to have a griffin with black feathers
    I just think it will look a bit too dull maybe. Especially when it is not an underground creatures. I first thought about white, as "normal" griffins. But then to give a bit beasty look, perhaps as a bull or bear, I made it brown. And also to make it stick out, of other artworks of griffins.

But it only takes few minutes to change it's brown color to black, and I can do the same with the white.

I could post it as black tomorrow, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    The Roc isn't really ment to be a typical underground creature, it appears exclusively in the Overworld where there is all the space the Roc needs. But yes, I can see your point of that flawed area. Are there maybe any solutions you can think of this?
    The only way to make sure it's not going to go underground ever would be to disable the ability to obtain it in any way.

Which in turn makes this a waste of a creature. Looks epic and all but you can't actually obtain it. (Or it'd have loads of visual oddities and/or bugs when it becomes obtainable through the editor. That wouldn't look well).

By the way, Madkill makes a good point. This thing has high health, Protect Monster, Lightning and a complete immunity to Melee attacks when anywhere over level 8? Hax, I say.

The Awakening

With the creature design, its good that you take an already thought-of concept but you could do more than just change the animal (bear? WTF?!) or do more than change the colour (Hey look! Its the griffen from tribe stupid).

Make the wings skin, its beak made out of hard-flesh and thick skin, its eyes jewls or beady and red, its got odd places of tatty feathers, its stained with odd and ancient markings of some kind.

anything

The bile demon and Horned Reaper have to be two of the more original game monsters I've ever seen, imagine an entirely new DK based game with such creatures.

Take an existing concept and modify it into something completely different from it by changing various aspects.

I like the name of this creature the most to be honest.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Quote Originally Posted by Madkill View Post
    Make the wings skin, its beak made out of hard-flesh and thick skin, its eyes jewls or beady and red, its got odd places of tatty feathers, its stained with odd and ancient markings of some kind.
    That sorta reminded me of a certain MMORPG's 'Hell Hound'.

Anyways...

Flight could make the Roc extremely weak to range attacks could make up for it's immunity to Melee, but that is me.

But it does sound like a cool idea for a OverWorld Hostile, but we must work together on it for a DK feel.

that is freaky... if we want to make a creature, let's make sure it's not dis formed

Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    Flight could make the Roc extremely weak to range attacks could make up for it's immunity to Melee.
    I suggested that already.

But it'd have to be as weak as a fly when in flight, which makes sense to be honest.

Think of how weak any bird becomes when flying. Think hunters specifically.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madkill View Post
    With the creature design, its good that you take an already thought-of concept but you could do more than just change the animal (bear? WTF?!) or do more than change the colour (Hey look! Its the griffen from tribe stupid).

anything

The bile demon and Horned Reaper have to be two of the more original game monsters I've ever seen, imagine an entirely new DK based game with such creatures.

Take an existing concept and modify it into something completely different from it by changing various aspects.

I like the name of this creature the most to be honest.
    I've created a huge sum of new creatures for my book, and not crappy mixing one and another either (I forgot what that was called >_<) so it shouldn't be that hard!

Also, that does sound rather cheap on the Storm Griffen. Not to mention it lasts for 35-40 seconds, that's as long as the average DK2 Slow battle! Even longer with the faster DK1! O_O (Except for when fighting the Avatar)
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

The only way to make sure it's not going to go underground ever would be to disable the ability to obtain it in any way.

Which in turn makes this a waste of a creature. Looks epic and all but you can't actually obtain it. (Or it'd have loads of visual oddities and/or bugs when it becomes obtainable through the editor. That wouldn't look well).
    You've proven your point, thanks. Now, as I asked before, any solutions?

The idea of one creature being completely useless against another doesn't seem good at all(due to the flight ability), I understand this immunity is compensated by flight only being attainable at level 8 but ranged units are often very weak so this creature would have to be incredibly weak towards ranged units only when in flight.
    By the way, Madkill makes a good point. This thing has high health, Protect Monster, Lightning and a complete immunity to Melee attacks when anywhere over level 8? Hax, I say.
    Flight ability is only an average ability in my opinion. It's at first questionable if the Roc will do more damage when not using this ability, he certainly is more durable at this state but being able to cast only one offensive ability is kinda meager, even an ability as lightning. When do you think the Roc will do more damage, when he's in the ground being a ordinary creature, or in the air? Quite frankly, only the weaker creatures are really vulnerable to this ability. And from a sidenote, it encourages the player to be more diverse with it's army.

Protect monster is only useful in melee battles, abilities and spells do full damage in DK1, and I put the ability to function that way. So it doesn't really matter. I stand with the Flight ability as it is now.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; March 25th, 2010 at 06:44.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!