Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Test Realm Discussion [Old]

Hellhound

Default Test Realm Discussion [Old]

All normal discussions on the Test Realm will be located here.

(This post used to hold other information, but have been moved to more appropriate locations)
    Last edited by Sire; July 22nd, 2010 at 18:22.

Hellhound

Default Re: Test Realm Discussion

Carrying over the discussion from the polls, we are discussion a little bit about the Hero Test Realm. Note that it hasn't fully been approved yet.

-Duke Ragereaver said that Sire is in charge of the Test Realms.
    -Metal Gear Rex suggested Transfer Penalties for crossovers from The Awakening to the Test Realms.
    -Metal Gear Rex expressed his interest in becoming the LotL.
    -Sire said that normal Hero Realms may be possible in The Awakening, but he leaves it up to the managers of that to decide.

Hopefully this should help jog a few people's memory and help with going back and forth between topics.
    Last edited by Sire; March 27th, 2010 at 17:41.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sire View Post
    When I meant LotL, I meant the LotL for the single Hero Test Realm.

Perhaps if it gets popular, a normal Hero roleplay may be able to open up in The Awakening, but I have no power there.

I'm gonna go ahead and make a Test Realm Discussion Topic before we go further off-topic in the polls.
    Oh wait, so more like being the LotL unit? (If that's so, who's really in charge of that realm? LotL fight XD)

Maybe but that's up to Duke. I know I'd like it, I'd like to be even some normal Heroes. Jeez now the suggestions... that would be nice...

However I think I recall Duke saying he has plans for that... I don't remember where though. Possibly on the old forum?

Well hopefully sometime that is in our view and if not, then not too far off.

PS: Duke Ragereaver no space :P

PPS: Was it really neccessary for the second post? O_o
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Hellhound

The LotL, in my ideas anyway, function exactly the same as the Keeper, but he's a mobile and killable unit. So, you will be roleplaying a very powerful creature that commands everyone else.

I do not know what you mean when who's in charge of the realm, but all Test Realms will have much more freedom than The Awakening. The LotL (for Hero Realms) and Keepers (for Keeper Realms) are charged with the task to make their own stories, maps, and decides on what to be tested for their certain realm. They may incorporate all, some, or none of the backstory if they desire.

Of course, everyone must follow a standard of some sort, which I will magically create when the forum is...

The LotL, in my ideas anyway, function exactly the same as the Keeper, but he's a mobile and killable unit. So, you will be roleplaying a very powerful creature that commands everyone else.

I do not know what you mean when who's in charge of the realm, but all Test Realms will have much more freedom than The Awakening. The LotL (for Hero Realms) and Keepers (for Keeper Realms) are charged with the task to make their own stories, maps, and decides on what to be tested for their certain realm. They may incorporate all, some, or none of the backstory if they desire.

Of course, everyone must follow a standard of some sort, which I will magically create when the forum is...
    Ah, I got confused. I got the idea you meant we could all become a LotL at once, heh...

Quote Originally Posted by Sire
    However, I am currently discussing about the possibility of a Hero Realm. If it passes, you (as well as everyone else interested), can become the LotL and have most of the control for your own realm (including maps, storyline, and what to be tested.)
    I wanna be Lord/Lady of the Land! However one question, does this effect my max creatures or not really considering it follows keeper properties?

Being a LotL must be tiring! You have to walk around all day to give orders. That's probably why they are so strong, they have that excercise! Dungeon Keepers are fat blobs of heart because they sit there all day. Also why they take forever to die, like Bile Demons...

Creature Limit Per User be the same as the other realm? Well I'll leave that up to Duke to answer if you don't know.

Does the Lord/Keeper of each realm also approve the suggested ideas or no...? Would you do that if not?

When the forum is...? When the forum is...!? WHEN THE FORUM IS!!?? /

Tesonu is napping!

Hellhound

@ MGR:

The Max Creatures system shall remain the same for both LotL and Keepers.
    Creature Limits Per Realm shall also remain the same (2 Creatures per player)
    Keepers and LotL decides what ideas to be used in their realm. However, they must have # of ideas in order to pass the standards.
    The forums will come around hopefully really soon. Depends on how quickly you people vote... (see below)

Realms will be driven by stories written by the Keeper or LotL of that realm. Thus, the entire realm is more or less controlled by the Keeper / LotL in that realm. A Backstory to the Test Realms will eventually be written, and the Keepers / LotL can decide to incorporate the backstory into their realm or not.

Update:

Hero realms seem to be postponed until the normal Test Realm has been activated. If the Test Realm is a success, then the Hero Realm may follow.

NOTICE: THE POLLS HAVE CHANGED. SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS

New Poll in the Test Realm Discussion (because I don't want to clog up more space with another Test Realm thread.)

Question:
    Should the Test Realms be entirely separate from The Awakening, meaning it will have it's own category beside it?

1: [0 Votes]
    Yes (It will have its own separate forum with a layout similar to The Awakening)

2: [0 Votes]
    No (The Test Realms will be a sub-forum in The Awakening, and the Lair will be used for both Awakening Realms and Testing Realms.)

3: [1 Votes]
    Combined (See below for visual, idea first from MGR, I came up with picture)

Personally, I like the combined idea (didn't vote though). Also, the faster you people vote, the more likely the forums will be created faster. So, Get Ready, FI-VOTE!

2nd Option Visual:

Testing Grounds (Main, similar to The Awakening)
    Roleplaying for suggestions in an alternative, isolated universe.

Test Realms (Side, similar to Heavenarius)
    The central hub to all Test Realms available at this point in time.

The Lair [T] (Side, similar to The Lair)
    Still no place like home!
    3rd Option Visual:

Dungeon Keeper RPG (Category)
    DK Forum RP
    -The Awakening (Discussions / Important Stuff)
    --Heavenaruis (Realm Forums)
    -Testing Grounds (Discussions / Important Stuff)
    --Test Realms (Realm Forums)
    -The Lair (Profile Forums)
    Journey to the Avatar's Altar (for visual purposes)
    Last edited by Sire; March 28th, 2010 at 17:47.

So we post our votes?

Well in that case yes. Because it uses the lair and stuff, might as well. Yay, another RPG Area.

Quick question, if we vote yes does that mean the test realm will be inside the Awakening Forum? Will it be a sub forum listed with the Lair and Heavonious forum? (Otherwise that's a whole new option which makes it too sepperate from the Awakening)

Edit:

Oh and to what you said, goody. My own idea can be a single realm based as well.

Edit:

Ah well I discount my vote and officially list it as 3.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; March 28th, 2010 at 17:42.

Tesonu is napping!

Hellhound

Yes means it will be entirely on its own (meaning one main forum and two sub forums)

No means that the Test Realms will be a sub forum of the Awakening next to Heavenarius. The Lair will be shared by both RPs, but I do not know where the Test Realm Discussions will be located.

Original Proposed Layout (for separate forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Original Text
    Testing Grounds (Main, similar to The Awakening)
    Roleplaying for suggestions in an alternative, isolated universe.

Test Realms (Side, similar to Heavenarius)
    The central hub to all Test Realms available at this point in time.

The Lair [T] (Side, similar to The Lair)
    Still no place like home!
    The downside for separate forums is for crossovers. That's the only downside that I see to it. (I know of several forums that have several RPs on their boards, and they separate them, but they don't have crossovers...)
    However, this is why I have public votes. Whatever fits the roleplayers should be how it's done, not just ''The manager says he wants it done this way, you like it or you don't.''

Edit: Came up with another proposal...

DK Forum RP
    Last edited by Sire; March 28th, 2010 at 17:22.

Yes means it will be entirely on its own (meaning one main forum and two sub forums)

No means that the Test Realms will be a sub forum of the Awakening next to Heavenarius. The Lair will be shared by both RPs, but I do not know where the Test Realm Discussions will be located.

Original Proposed Layout (for separate forums)

The downside for separate forums is for crossovers. That's the only downside that I see to it. (I know of several forums that have several RPs on their boards, and they separate them, but they don't have crossovers...)
    However, this is why I have public votes. Whatever fits the roleplayers should be how it's done, not just ''The manager says he wants it done this way, you like it or you don't.''

Edit: Came up with another proposal...

DK Forum RP
    That proposal is the idea I had in mind, it is inside the Awakenings and then inside that there is its own Lair and stuff.

Tesonu is napping!

Hellhound

The poll will end tomorrow from this date. If you are interested in voting, then please post and say your vote.

Or, I could just go with the one vote and use the combination idea for the layout.

Come on roleplayers, make your votes and post! (Here and the RP)