Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: How to get silly mentor quotes

  
  1. #31
    Dark God DragonsLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    1,490
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: dragonslover

    Default Re: How to get silly mentor quotes

    Yes, didn't forget. Don't worry, all the silly quotes are there.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...



  2. #32
    Imp
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States, Oklahoma
    Posts
    17
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: MeiHu

    Default Re: How to get silly mentor quotes

    I think "Jack-pot Winner!" makes all your creatures stop what they're doing and dance. Dunno if it's time random or has to do with creatures+the amount in there. I think once even my enemies started to dance too >>

  3. #33
    Mapmaker Skarok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    399
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Skarok

    Default Re: How to get silly mentor quotes

    "Jackpot winner" makes only the creatures in your casino dance. You mean the quote "Let's party like it's 1999!" which gets played every saturday at midnight I think.

  4. #34
    Troll nijuni_kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fog City
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: How to get silly mentor quotes

    "Jackpot Winner!" happens when one of your creatures wins a jackpot in a Casino and only the creatures in that specific Casino begin to dance.

    "Let's party like it's 1999!" is activated every saturday at 0:58 am and makes all the creatures on the entire map stop whatever they were doing and start dancing. It lasts for 2 minutes and ends at 1am, when you get the "Surely even Dugeon Keepers must retire to a lair of some description?" quote.
    Dranton (Lv.5 Beetle) wanders the underworld aimlessly. Gold: 75;
    Xerina (Lv.5 Dark Elf) traverses the underworld seeking her cure. Gold: 180;


  5. #35
    Imp
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States, Oklahoma
    Posts
    17
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: MeiHu

    Default Re: How to get silly mentor quotes

    Well of course "Jackpot Winner" means there's a jackpot winner. C'mon.

    I might be an Imp but I'm not a dunce :P

    Anyway, is there no quote from Mentor past 3:15? I'm usually up until four or five but I've yet to hear anything other than what's on the list.

  6. #36
    Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,620

    Default Re: How to get silly mentor quotes

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoghurt View Post
    Well of course "Jackpot Winner" means there's a jackpot winner. C'mon.

    I might be an Imp but I'm not a dunce :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoghurt View Post
    I think "Jack-pot Winner!" makes all your creatures stop what they're doing and dance. Dunno if it's time random or has to do with creatures+the amount in there. I think once even my enemies started to dance too >>
    Obviously nijuni_kuro was only correcting you on the effects and triggers of "Jack-Pot Winner" compared to the effects/triggers of "Let's Party like it's 1999!".

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoghurt View Post
    Anyway, is there no quote from Mentor past 3:15? I'm usually up until four or five but I've yet to hear anything other than what's on the list.
    No there isn't. The "Go to bed" message is the last one you'll hear.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

    The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

    LOL, WFTO

  7. #37
    Imp
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States, Oklahoma
    Posts
    17
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: MeiHu

    Default Re: How to get silly mentor quotes

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Obviously nijuni_kuro was only correcting you on the effects and triggers of "Jack-Pot Winner" compared to the effects/triggers of "Let's Party like it's 1999!".
    Yeah, I got that >>

  8. #38
    Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,620

    Default Re: How to get silly mentor quotes

    "Nick Ricks cannot come to the phone right now. Kindly leave a message."

    I found this hidden message (Not sure if I got the name fully correct though) within the speech file for Level 13. It's at 3:25.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

    The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

    LOL, WFTO

  9. #39
    Dark God DragonsLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    1,490
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: dragonslover

    Default Re: How to get silly mentor quotes

    Interesting! Need to check this out.

    EDIT: Nick Ricks is the Game Designer of DK2 so yeah, it's correct. But it's the way to get it that isn't clear. I know that it's the speech ID 18 and there's nothing in the level script. If the speech is playing during the level, then it's hard-coded like the other silly quotes.

    When you say "it's at 3:25", do you mean it's at 3:25 or 15:25 of the day or it's after 3 hours and 25 minutes of game time or real time?
    Last edited by DragonsLover; January 24th, 2012 at 05:29.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...



  10. #40
    Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,620

    Default Re: How to get silly mentor quotes

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    EDIT: Nick Ricks is the Game Designer of DK2 so yeah, it's correct. But it's the way to get it that isn't clear. I know that it's the speech ID 18 and there's nothing in the level script. If the speech is playing during the level, then it's hard-coded like the other silly quotes.
    Well obviously it was never made to be heard :P Not sure if it was intentional or not. If anything, it could have even been made to surprise the person listening to the speech files. It's not n impossible possibility, I mean they're right there for literally anyone to view.

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    When you say "it's at 3:25", do you mean it's at 3:25 or 15:25 of the day or it's after 3 hours and 25 minutes of game time or real time?
    That's the time when the message is played in the speech file itself, just so you know when to get it.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

    The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

    LOL, WFTO

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •