Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Colaboration with OpenDungeon?

Default Re: WFTO is dead (and how to move on)

Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post
    I really think we have a pretty good idea of what everyone is trying to say, though this is just turning into a bit of a ridiculously repetitive discussion.

So could we please put the posting for the sake of argument to the side?
    I agree. I'll delete my previous post, as this was turning into a huge strawman-for-a-discussion. Reposting the last part of it however:

Either way, I propose we organize all current data, in a coherent design and start a new PR campaign. Pick some forums, target some communities, and get busy once again. I can try pull out some contacts of my own. Getting some programmers shouldn't be too hard. So far I wasn't able to find out about what engine are you guys currently using. Could someone clarify that for me?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post
    I really think we have a pretty good idea of what everyone is trying to say, though this is just turning into a bit of a ridiculously repetitive discussion.

So could we please put the posting for the sake of argument to the side?
    God damn it, I hate you. I was about to post for everyone to shut the hell up and with the stubborness involved we would all be going around in circles endlessly and pointlessly.

Really nothing matters until Quenty comes along. And yeah, since you're all just as stubborn this isn't going anywhere so the point of discussing has lost its taste. Neither side will give up no matter what points are made so yeah... I think it is time for us all to stfu... kthx.

Also... what happened to the Game Director? Wouldn't we need that in whichever direction we go?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: WFTO is dead

Hi guys,

I bumped into this forum when tonight I discovered DK3 would never happen. I've been a hardcore player of DK1 and DK2 years ago and it was a brilliant game, very intelligent. And the touch of humor was genius.

I'm an Art Director in advertising/web and I think you guys put together a very interesting concept and have amazing creative people on board. I really liked many ideas and the art concepts.
    I def think you should not give up, but instead find solutions to make this work, even changing the platform.

Reading this thread I was thinking the best way to make this happen was to put together a well done pitch deck and present it to different dev companies like EA, then I saw you actually brought it up.
    We are not 100% sure that the DK3 project has been shut down for economical reason. Seeing a huge interest like this might bring the flair back.

Along my exp in pitching projects to brands I would say the best is to look at an investor, either a game dev company or something else.

Did you guys think at doing WFTO for iPad instead?
    This might make EA or someone else really interested in developing it since it's the new marketing media platform that really sells.
    And would actually be more innovative idea.

I'm writing this since I saw passion in you guys and the exp and living in NY thought me if you believe in something you should bring it to reality.
    Keep it up the good work and don't give up.

Best,
    G

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: qqluqq

we can't be commercial
    and with all that iCrap you'll never get on iPad.
    EA makes shit thats easy to make and makes a lots of money
    football manager is a good example,I've seen screens of it, it looks like an amateur made it.
    DK is quite unique and hard to make and less people will buy it.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Quote Originally Posted by toureffeil View Post
    I def think you should not give up, but instead find solutions to make this work, even changing the platform.
    Changing the platform wont work without changing the core of the game

Reading this thread I was thinking the best way to make this happen was to put together a well done pitch deck and present it to different dev companies like EA, then I saw you actually brought it up.
    We are not 100% sure that the DK3 project has been shut down for economical reason. Seeing a huge interest like this might bring the flair back.

Along my exp in pitching projects to brands I would say the best is to look at an investor, either a game dev company or something else.
    Most of us are not professionals, we do this for the love of the game alone. So it is not a goal to actually sell it off.

How do you right click on an iPad? iPad is also incompatible both technologically and legally, and will only limit our audience. Also i wouldn't mind actually being able to play the game myself.

Please note this topic is outdated, WFTO isn't dead anymore and is still in development.
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy

Hellhound

From my perspective, presenting this to other companies will be a complete waste. All companies care about now is money, and they will offer us money that some of us can not refuse, and WFTO will just become another crappy game cranked out for cash than for pleasing the fans.

Should this ever happen, count me out. I will not be part of any group that gives up its core values for money or anything else for that matter.

TSDR: (Too Short, Didn't Read)

Do not change the direction we are heading, its a bad idea. Should WFTO turn back on its fans for the promises of money, then I'm out.

Default Re: WFTO isn't dead

The title of this thread is pretty misleading...

Quote Originally Posted by Sire View Post
    From my perspective, presenting this to other companies will be a complete waste. All companies care about now is money, and they will offer us money that some of us can not refuse, and WFTO will just become another crappy game cranked out for cash than for pleasing the fans.

Should this ever happen, count me out. I will not be part of any group that gives up its core values for money or anything else for that matter.
    I would say the main issue with another company would be due to having to make changes a lot of the beloved content and characters so as to avoid copy right issues. Which is something I personally would like to avoid.
    This might make EA or someone else really interested in developing it since it's the new marketing media platform that really sells.
    And would actually be more innovative idea.
    While it would be indeed innovative, it would require a lot of extra research, testing and a lot of feature shaving to get that same amount of control that you get with a mouse and keyboard. But it is a nice Idea

I'm writing this since I saw passion in you guys and the exp and living in NY thought me if you believe in something you should bring it to reality.
    Keep it up the good work and don't give up.
    Thank you for your interest and advise
    Last edited by A New Room; August 18th, 2010 at 20:04.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

Default Re: WFTO isn't dead

So what stops them from coming here? Control of the project? They have code, and keeperklan has the graphics + An Animator (If my memory serves me right).

Merge and have them migrate to here, or at least share their goods here. With their current code, it shouldn't be too difficult to get keeperklans models and textures into their coded-creation in-order to get this entire thing back on track.

All in all, if anyone wanted to go back to the NBKE project (since IKSLM is usually MIA), keeperklan could probably try fishing for a programmer on ModDB.com, if anything catches and what's caught enjoyed their time even after NBKE's completion (since the models and textures that have been worked on were originally remakes for the DKI-Remake, y'know, the project that got everyone interested in the first place) then WFTO might rise and shine and a DKI-Remake would be a brilliant base since you'd have the dungeon part sorted out already. (Why the hell not?)

Edit: Although, since Mef works on KeeperFX, doesn't he have knowledge in C++ etc?