Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A Fresh start!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: beringline

Default Re: A Fresh start!

Ah okay. I thought you had recieved the message.

Of course stuff should be completely done, to have some meat on the bone, otherwise they would probably be spammed with 10000000 suggestions every day, or hate mail or whatever.

Also, the reason stuff probably should be done, is because EA, don't know themselves how to make a "done" game. It is all pretty much boring remakes they do.

But anyway I feel like this is going a bit thowards offtopic for this thread, and I know I've been taking it to the level as well.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

LolWut?

Anyways, i will send them an email if we get a good prototype going first. Otherwise im just wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    I will send them an email if we get a good prototype going first. Otherwise im just wasting time.
    I like this plan!
    Sending them an email now would be like agreeing to give a presentation on chickens, armed with only a hard boiled egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbaby View Post
    Rage Against the EA
    I do believe there are already 2 threads for that :/
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Thing is, EA are notoriously unreliable for giving any sort of customer rapport. I just think it's a wise idea to sound them out, given the fact that they could take ages to reply to us, hence the longer we get onto them, the quicker we get an answer. That and we will keep going up the chanin of people to answer to.

Gamer IDs

As much as I like annoying EA, doing so at the moment will most likley not bring any results. They specifically state that they will test them after there is a playable prototype. A better plan would be to just get something simple up and running to let EA know that we are serious about this.

Thing is they don't, and probably won't, have to answer to us at all...
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Max Hayman PSN ID: Ballwinkle XFIRE ID: elmaxaman Steam ID: ballwinkle

As much as I like annoying EA, doing so at the moment will most likley not bring any results. They specifically state that they will test them after there is a playable prototype. A better plan would be to just get something simple up and running to let EA know that we are serious about this.
    The lets do that, and quit going on about EA. They dont seem to care at all, so lets leave them alone

Gamer IDs

There is only one problem I see about not having EA's permission. I can't imagine ballwinkle having to do all the programming himself, I put up a help wanted ad on gamedev.net and that was attracting some attention until a moderator told me he was locking the thread until we have written permission from EA. So where do we find additional help.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

You know, sometimes I wished I had a real computer skill so I can help with making WFTO.

Well, until my next School year, where I get to take a graphics class, all I am good for currently is for making Suggestions.

There is only one problem I see about not having EA's permission. I can't imagine ballwinkle having to do all the programming himself, I put up a help wanted ad on gamedev.net and that was attracting some attention until a moderator told me he was locking the thread until we have written permission from EA. So where do we find additional help.
    That should be a hurdle that is dealt with once we have finalised as much of the general concept of the game.

Previously the mentality was that we'll decide on everything when we have a working engine, only probelm is there is nothing gets decided.

So far we know we are making a DK type game, but what elements are going to be taken from previous games? Finalising in a realistic fashion on each point will hopefully give us a better layman's perspective on what a WfO engine actually needs to do.

Or at least that is how I see it... :/