Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: A Fresh start!

Arrow A Fresh start!

Good morning/day/evening Evil Ladies & harsh men, wherever you may be.

I should probably introduce myself. I'm Qwenty - I've been around since the early-ish days of KK on the original forum. Alas, I have not had the recent opportunities as I would have liked to be able to have posted on this forum due to work commitments. However, times have changed and I find myself with a bit more time to do things.

What I would like to announce is as follows: work on WTFO on the KK forum will continue. I have looked around and there are people who would like to carry on with their work on this version and for whatever reason would not like to with the OpenDungeon board.

Without wishing into the personal reasons again, I have been working on a storyline and a campaign for a long time. Ballwinkle is carrying on with some coding work; achieving excellent work on the mining aspect of DK. A New Room and Sire have also expressed interest in formatting web design, organisation, getting on EA's case, story design amongst other things (tell me if I got that right, boys! ).

If you would like to continue on this path, then please do feel free to add your names to the list.

We are all aware that progress will be slow, as these things always are. However, it's important (I feel) that the desire burns bright, despite the lengthy haul we may well find ourselves in. The one difference I want to make absolutely known is we will be making key decisions along the way. For what we may lack in some areas (programming, art work, sound, etc.), we will make up for in others. We need and intend to maintain a codex, which will be updated with what we have decided via pollling. With these updates becoming coda. We are all aware what idleness and lengthy absences can do to a community, which is why it is important that we all team up, put the visors down and keep this dream alive.

On this basis, Dotted has appointed me in an emergency office of Moderator so as to get things back on track again in this MB. This is just for the meanwhile and I intend to submit myself to you for a vote once again when things are a little more stable. We will all have appointments and I am in the process of continuing to write the story for the game. We will all (whatever we are working on within the project) keep people updated as to what we're doing.

That I suppose, is it for the meanwhile. Any of you who would like to help, or to discuss what's happened, where this is going, or to voice your concerns, please use this thread to do so and myself and my team thusfar will attempt to answer your queries.

The 2nd edition WTFO team thusfar is as follows:

QwentyJ - Emergency PJ & Story/Campaign
    Ballwinkle - Coding and Development
    Sire - Characters, Gameplay, Organisation and web design
    A New Room - Voicework, Legal, fixer, Hassler of EA.

If you would like to speak to us in private, pm us and we will pass on to you our details.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. We hope to hear your thoughts.

Qwenty.
    Last edited by QwentyJ; April 6th, 2010 at 18:07.

Default Re: A Fresh start!

I admire your persistance, QwentyJ! As dotted has probably told you, KK is 100% behind you. I'll certainly try and offer as much advice and assistance as I can.

Keep the faith!

It is the community spirit that will, along with patience and determination, keep this project going through to completion. I have been around for a while on and off and continuously posting ideas and discussion, and shall continue to do so.
    At the moment the most important things are to keep the community updated as was said, to work as such that the project remains public by showing demos, artwork and sound effects and to maintain the enthusiasm that will keep this project going.

I would encourage anybody dropping by, whether or not you've been here before, if you have any ideas, comments, discussion posts or anything that might help do feel free to post, we might be evil but we're not dangerous, really ^_^ .

Talking of hassling EA, has there been anything from them at all?

when my models are done you can use them freely. all you guys need to do is get an engine running

Quote Originally Posted by Patrician View Post
    I admire your persistance, QwentyJ! As dotted has probably told you, KK is 100% behind you. I'll certainly try and offer as much advice and assistance as I can.

Keep the faith!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eagle View Post
    It is the community spirit that will, along with patience and determination, keep this project going through to completion. I have been around for a while on and off and continuously posting ideas and discussion, and shall continue to do so.
    At the moment the most important things are to keep the community updated as was said, to work as such that the project remains public by showing demos, artwork and sound effects and to maintain the enthusiasm that will keep this project going.

I would encourage anybody dropping by, whether or not you've been here before, if you have any ideas, comments, discussion posts or anything that might help do feel free to post, we might be evil but we're not dangerous, really ^_^ .

Talking of hassling EA, has there been anything from them at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutonium View Post
    when my models are done you can use them freely. all you guys need to do is get an engine running
    Thanks guys. All the help is certainly appreciated and I'm sure that within the week, we can sort out the new team. And I'll update that as soon as possible. That's also fantastic news Bluts; hope the work is going well.

I think the last news I saw about e-mail was on that thread we had below about finding a developer and the subject gradually morphed onto that. TBH, it will take a lengthy time to get anything from them at all and the only thing we can do is to continously bombard them with word-age until they finally relent (This is the DK way of doing things).

I don't see any particular reason why we should abandon our campaign, but I think we all need to realise this will take a long time! My sincere thanks to you all if you wish to accompany us on this journey.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

I agree fully with everything above. Anyways i have been speaking with some agent and he pointed me towards a email address. It has some writing above it that might be a bit of a problem.

We recognize and appreciate the effort that goes into game and product ideas and submissions. We have thousands of employees worldwide who are constantly generating and developing games and new game features. Some of these ideas see the light of day, but many do not. Because of our creative scope, we seldom look at product ideas or game concepts from people outside of Electronic Arts.

We will review third-party products, but only after they have been built to a fully-playable prototype (a working game). If you have such a prototype or if you have further questions, please contact [email protected] for more information about our submission process.

Welcome to Kyle, who will be harrassing EA for the time being, due to ANR's work commitments for the enxt 5-6 weeks.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: beringline

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    I agree fully with everything above. Anyways i have been speaking with some agent and he pointed me towards a email address. It has some writing above it that might be a bit of a problem.

In my oppinion it doesn't sound that bad, especially the review thing. It doesn't look like they care that much about people doing new concepts of their games, afterall why would they care, when they don't know how to make original stuff anymore, and just crap??

Afterall, why would anyone want a game reviewed by EA, I'm sure if they'll like it,, they will just steal it and make money of it, and the people who made it, won't end up with a penny.

But thats my view.

But the resond still sounded nice. Better than expected anyway.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

Its not a response, its a message above there email address.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Max Hayman PSN ID: Ballwinkle XFIRE ID: elmaxaman Steam ID: ballwinkle

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbaby View Post
    In my oppinion it doesn't sound that bad, especially the review thing. It doesn't look like they care that much about people doing new concepts of their games, afterall why would they care, when they don't know how to make original stuff anymore, and just crap??

Afterall, why would anyone want a game reviewed by EA, I'm sure if they'll like it,, they will just steal it and make money of it, and the people who made it, won't end up with a penny.

But thats my view.

But the resond still sounded nice. Better than expected anyway.
    Well, the reason they might say that could be that people email them and never finish their games, so its a waste of their time.