Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Take them Down

Imp

Default Take them Down

What's your favorite way to take out a keeper?
    I prefer using a combination of Create Imp, Sight, Invisibility, and Destroy Walls, so I can see the enemies dungeon. I then rain a hail of lightning upon them. As the imps bring the ravaged corpses to the graveyard, what happens? Nothing. As soon as a vampire appears it is instantly scavenged and dropped into a training room, fueling my war effort.

Default Re: Take them Down

That's cheap and unfun.

I just beat the hell out of his army with my own army of Dragons and Orcs.

The Awakening

Ghost

Depending on my army I will go full force or the sneaky invis and claim tactic, until only his Dungeonheart is left in his color.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    That's cheap and unfun.

Learn2UnderstandWhatAnOpinionIs.

Personally I hate direct confrontations, as they decide the fight based on your creature pool or the size of your coin purse and its extremely low maintainence if you've got the cash and rather lame if you don't; you're just picking up the near deaddies.

Personally I like financial deprivation, impish deprivation or food/lair deprivation.

Cut off gems/gold.
    Imprison all their imps to the point where they can't afford another or the AI just won't make another.
    Get their creatures to kill each other

That said, theres also some fun in getting an army of mistress and your trusty ol Call to Arms and taking them down in less then 10 seconds flat.

But wait! Theres more!

Armageddon. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Searingflame2 View Post
    Learn2UnderstandWhatAnOpinionIs.
    I know what an opinion is. And I know that that being cheap and unfun is my opinion and not necessarily anyone else's.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Good, then I'd hope you don't appear so hostile in the future.

Rephrase your point so it sounds more like "I think that's a bit cheap" instead of "THAT IS CHEAP >:O"

Hellhound

I lock myself up and train till max level, securing resources and draining the enemies'.

Afterwards, I wipe them off the map.

Long tactic and does get boring after a while, but I was never really good at multiplayer or skirmish maps with good AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    Pretty much sums up my usual tactic; brute force. As Sire mentioned, wars of attrition are boring and often grueling.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

The way i got through the game was just by building up an army leveling them up and advancing foward until i almost owned everything. If i was confronted with the enemy, it was who ever has the most creatures wins. I put all the enemys either in prison or in graveyard, not for more units, just because it was funny. Although this tactic did not work in Deeper Dungeons.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Even brute force can be boring, of course, if done all the time.

Hmm, one of my strategies is assembling a quick creature or someone who has invisibilitiy, usually the Ghost. First I wait for his invisibility to wear off, so I can cast it on him again. Then I possess him and go into the enemy dungeon, slowly learning of his secrets.

If I can't do that, and if I have a Prison/Torture Chamber available, then I'll torture his Imps for information.

Once I know enough, I watch the movements of his creatures and advise a battle plan.

From there, I use the Barracks to essemble my post powerful small army, and then I infiltrate his dungeon. Usually I plan to sneak by them all, and make my way to his dungeon. If engaged in battle, I depossess and watch closely.

Carefully I pluck low health units out to save them from death. I allow myself to do as much damage as I can. Then I recover and may repeat. That or I select a Horned Reaper, or someone similar, to enter and attack to kill as many as I can.

I also like triggering enemy boulder traps to kill them. I don't like the use of forcing him to drop creatures in a prison, torture chamber, or portal. That's cheap to me. It wouldn't work on a real player. Boulder Traps like that could work on a real player, so that's why I use it. That's for someone who carelessly places their Boulder Traps.

I do use some of the other strategies that you others use too.

Some strategies unlisted is creating an undead army, or something. One thing to remember, is that in Skirmish/Multiplayer maps, they're balanced. In Singleplayer Maps, they have the upperhand. However, note that they also use some of the weaker creatures too. :P

@Sire:
    I don't use that strategy too often, only when I have a gem rock. Otherwise, it can be pretty hard when I leave to collect the gold I really am in need.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

LOL, WFTO