Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: KeeperFX - TCP/IP support ?

Imp

Default Re: KeeperFX - TCP/IP support ?

I will try test more using Oracle a virtual machine over a lan.
    I had tested a short time with a german player over internet about 10fps it was acceptable though and playable like on Kali using the Windows version :-).

I did wonder if you knew about this bug that causes an out of sync in the original Dungeon Keeper and also KeeperFX a problem with the allie on the game menu, when for example 2 players allie with each other in the game menu. When 2 players are playing against the AI, for example on the multiplayer level 150. If they allied using the multiplayer game menu shown in the screenshot I attached of the game menu where my mouse cursor is, the game risks going out of sync in allot of maps. This used to happen to me on lots of games until I figured out what it was in the original.
    If player 1 for example digs to the gems on level 150, once the boulder trap starts there the 2nd player seems to crash in KeeperFX if they allied inside the game menu before start.
    I have attached the crash log also in case it helps. I know it's to do with the allie before the game starts. But it seems to be fine if they allie with each other when inside the game instead then there is no oos or crash.

The original will just load back oos message and try to get in sync again but only if allied inside the game menu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gamemenu.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	699  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks, I didn't know about that. Looks like the last message in the log is actually somewhat relevant too for starting debugging it.

<< ETA 2 months until I can get much work done on DKFX again. May do some minor things before that.
    Last edited by p_hansson; March 28th, 2011 at 22:05.

Ghost

Hi, lot of months since last changes to the TCP/IP code in the KeeperFX history. Has P_Hansson cancelled his TCP/IP development for KeeperFX? Thanks

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

He said, ETA 2 months before he can get work done on it, it's been one month. Give him some time, I think he would tell us if he was cancelling development.

Quote Originally Posted by jomalin View Post
    Hi, lot of months since last changes to the TCP/IP code in the KeeperFX history. Has P_Hansson cancelled his TCP/IP development for KeeperFX? Thanks
    *angry rant start*

You people are rude and impatient. Programming online multiplayer doesn't particularly fall out of the sky magically. It takes time and effort. Much time and effort, in fact.

Additionally, you should READ THE DAMN POST RIGHT ABOVE YOURS, posted 1 month ago, where P_Hansson posted that it'll take two months (then; one month now) until he can get much done on it again. BE F***ING PATIENT.

*angry rant end*

The Awakening

Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by P_Hansson View Post
    << ETA 2 months until I can get much work done on DKFX again. May do some minor things before that.
    Hi P_Hansson! I only want to know if you will continue to write the TCP/IP code in KeeperFX. Thanks

Ghost

No response... Looks like TCP/IP development will be delayed :-(

Quote Originally Posted by jomalin View Post
    No response... Looks like TCP/IP development will be delayed :-(
    or maybe he is focusing on the TCP/IP developments, rather than keeping everyone else happy with an update.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Or perhaps you just have to be F***ING PATIENT.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Locked, there is nothing wrong in essence but it's turning out to be flamebait unintentionally .

Comment by Mefistotelis:

I will allow myself to put a little clarification here:

Asking such question isn't good for Open Source projects. Coders may often get bored by them and lose interest in the development. Even if the questions do not seem to be very frequent.

Everything we, coders, do is for free, and in free time. It is a part of our private life which we agree to share with others through our creations available on Internet.
    But it doesn't mean we agree to use any work scenario, or to work on weekly basis, or to provide any support to anyone. If you want to ask if I will work on a Open Source project for free in this week/month/year - I can only answer "maybe". And after being asked a few times for various projects (I'm not only in KeeperFX, we usually do a lot of things) - to be honest, I prefer to go for a walk, make some photos of beautiful polish nature which is now blooming (try playing The Witcher - it reflects our forests in quite a detail).

Everyone who contributes to an open project, does that with hope that his work will be useful. But hope is the only thing we can get, as noone is obliged to do his/her part.
    If you wish to contribute, then just do the work, and we'll see.
    If you wish to play now, then try to find other coders that would help - or just buy a commercial game.
    Last edited by mefistotelis; June 16th, 2011 at 16:56.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!