Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Here's an offer...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Here's an offer...

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga View Post
    Knowing what kind of a person you are, giving you some kind of a lead would be very risky.
    Quote Originally Posted by nebster View Post
    I'm happy with how it is. Me and others just work on it when we have time. Only if we were working on it constantly for a long period of time would it be worth having a project leader. Even then it would be someone who is more involved in the project like a coder or modeller. All the leader would do is call meetings every so often as we want EVERYONE to have a say in what happens to the engine

Sorry Madkill, we just don't need you :P
    lol, boom.

Also I find it kind of odd that this happens specifically after a ban...
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

To sand it down to a stub here:

• The engine is being worked on, but not by IKSLM (whatever reason it is probably a good one).
    • Other people (Ballwinkle and nebster. Far as I can see) are working on it when they feel like it.
    • I don't think anyone working in their free time really wants to be repetitively asked to do more than they want to.
    • NBKe, as you are well aware is a remake of the first Dungeon Keeper. So what is there to lead? (in laymen's terms: Just needs a working engine and gameplay, some models and it should be ok.)

What it kind of looks like you are asking is that you be given a ring side seat, without really showing much knowledge of the game being played. Also from your first post you said "Don't interfere when it starts gaining a decent amount of progress", which look like you are saying "I'm going to take the project away and you guys can't touch it any more".

As far as I see there is nothing stopping you from helping this project along, Ie if you know some people who say they can help, then why not tell them where to go?.

But this is just how I see it and I'm still relativity new here...
    Last edited by A New Room; April 22nd, 2010 at 00:37.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

I agree with A New Room, I expect that to happen in this situation. That's why me and Hapuga think that it's risky. also, NBKe is not dead, Bluto came back (but will be gone for some periods) and engine slowly being worked on. these are the only two things needed so that it was succesfull.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    I Really don't see the problem, NBKE is dead anyway and if somebody says the can manage it in such, why not let them. I don't see how it will effect us anyway, especially not in a negative way.
    The problem is non of us has the authority to give Madkill NBKE. But we have already suggested him he can fork the current WFTO code which is at the end of the day still NBKE. He can fork it and then create a new seperate project, and call it something else.

If Madkill asks IKSLM if he can take over, and IKSLM agrees then that is something else, but none of us can.

Any attempt of 'taking NBKe away' would be incredibly foolish and just really stupid. Foolish too.

Anyway, I've proposed my offer.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Quote Originally Posted by Madkill View Post
    Any attempt of 'taking NBKe away' would be incredibly foolish and just really stupid. Foolish too.

We have the same authority to give you NBKE as we have making you the CEO of EA.

The only things you can do are the following:
    • Contact IKSLM for permission to take over NBKE
    • Fork the current WFTO code

We cannot give you the lead title of NBKE because we have nothing to do with NBKE. Is it really that hard to understand?

I don't understand where you're coming from or what you're getting at with that post, as in why you're repeating what's already been said. Your actions make no sense, it'd probably be wise to just settle down and stop talking.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

That's not the only thing foolish going on... but you said foolish twice as if it were a whole new meaning added on.

We're not the creators of NBKE, ISKM is, so you need to contact him about it.

What you're doing is basically asking the head of Capcom to become an employee at EA. (That was a simile, I thought I had to make it clear for you... :P)

It needs to repeated because it is the answer to your question, but your repeating the question so you're getting a repeating answer.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

I don't understand where you're coming from or what you're getting at with that post, as in why you're repeating what's already been said.
    Because you seemingly can't comprehend what he's saying.

The Awakening

I don't see how inquiring about the progress of NBKe was repeating the same question as "I can take overz fer u guiz?" after I've been told already that such a decision is up to IKSLM.
    What you've thought I've meant when you say "you seemingly can't comprehend what he's saying." is alien to me.