Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Asgard [Old Test Realms]

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Re: Asgard

Barb, the Goblin

Barb had only managed to get several pages in, she had been at it quite some time, when she was startled by the approach of another goblin.

"I didn't expect there to be other Goblin researchers... what is your name?"

She jumped to her feet dropping the book.

"I was... I'm not.... I'm Barb," she finally stuttered. "And I'm not a researcher, I was just coming here to... read, I guess."

"Get to work on the Workshop, this dungeon will need some good Traps..."

She was still shocked by his presence and did as he said, switching to a book titled Knuts and Bolts: The Workshop. She was having trouble reading, but at least this book was a bit easier. All the same she snuck the book on the floor, Heal: Spells for Victory covertly into her "head-bag*" and read it if she got a chance. She didn't want to read about workshops... Who did the goblin think he was, Chieftan Mau?

(OCC: *Note: A bag used by certain nomadic goblin tribes to carry severed heads of enemy slain in battle... such evolved behavior)

Mood: Shocked, Uncertain
    Last edited by MeinCookie; April 19th, 2010 at 22:29.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Hellhound

Keeper Stravos

"Finally, the Library is fully cla-"

"Keeper, the Ruined Library has been fully converted to our control."

"...Thanks for the report.

Imp One, begin claiming south of Hatchery into the Scorpion cavern... Wait a minute, why didn't anyone tell me that fully functional Treasury was full!? Imp One, claim a path to that Treasury and claim it, but be wary of the Scorpions.

Excellent Work Sara and Ba-Ka in your efforts. I assume Sara will talk about the reward.

New Assignment to all interested, the new assignment will be killing the Scorpions and bringing back proof of their demise. Gold will be given out as a reward. Speaking of which...
    Typical paydays are mostly obsolete. While we still celebrate the event and you creatures do receive a bit of pay, your primary source of income will be from taking assignments and missions. Besides, I don't know what you spend your gold on, and rather not know...

Other than that, I have no new announcements. All creatures, carry on with the tasks assigned...

Hold. We now have a Library at our disposal. A War General forgetting about his essential researchers...
    All Researchers, focus on the Speed and the old Heal spell. I dislike the new spells they taught these new Keepers, they are nothing but a waste of time. Gold is the preferred power source, not this experimental mana stuff...

Now, everyone should have their tasks. Carry on, Stravos out."

Imps Three and Four exhausted another Gold Vein, adding another 2028 to the reserves. Realizing Stravos won't be slapping them again any time soon, they went back to a more relaxed pace.

(Forgive the map errors, but this map is the true accurate map for placements of wards. I screwed it up in the few other pictures)

Sara, Sky Wanderer

Sara enters the Dungeon Heart. She attempted to land softly like she did when she first entered the dungeon, but barely managed to stop herself from crashing into the floor. Only now she became aware of the wounds she has suffered from combat. That Scorpions' hold still seemed real, despite Sara now being separated from it via a Magic Door Ward.

"Ah, Sara the Sky Wander. I suspect you are here to collect pay?"

"Well, um, yes Keeper."

"Very well. Both of you shall recieve 75 gold for your efforts."

75 gold showers from the ceiling, landing in a neat pile besides Sara. She also heard the sound of clinging gold elsewhere, it must have been Ba-Ka's reward.

"Thank you, Keeper"

"It's a job, and it's reward. Get some rest yourself, you could use it. Dismissed."

Sara takes her leave of the Dungeon Heart Chamber.

"My first job a success. If only Derrick and..."

A shadow passed Sara's face, but was quickly dismissed and she continued onward to the Lair, where she found a good isolated spot and created her own little space. Sara landed in her bed and curled up to keep herself warm. She soon afterward fell asleep, gold still on hand.

Sara Summary:
    Level: 1
    Health: 48%
    Gold: 75
    Mood: ...Unknown.
    Summary: Sara talked to the Keeper about payment and was paid. She headed to the Lair, made her bed, and went to sleep.

Keeper Stravos

-Ruined Library fully claimed
    -Old Assignment Completed, paid Sara and Ba-Ka 75 gold.
    -New Assignment Given, proof of demise for the two Scorpions.
    -Imp One given orders to claim land to the filled Treasury.
    -Researchers told to research Heal and Speed.
    -Everything else was to follow prior orders.

-Both Scorpions are less than 60% each.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Ba-Ka

Ba-Ka looks up.

"Sir, I have no real use for Gold. I am a Soldier, gold doesn't appel to me. I shall skip my pays, sir!"

Ba-Ka lies onto his bed.

=================================
    Ba-Ka

Level: 2
    Health: 65%
    Gold: 0
    Mood: I'm not tired!

Gamer IDs

Barb, the Goblin

Barb was about five pages into the dusty, ancient, leather-bound book and was stuck on a line about the average specifications of medium-sized anvils.

=]Damn, this is book is boring... who wrote this stuff? Maybe learning to read wasn't a good idea after-all. I'm just opening my self up to a whole knew world of pain![=

Barb was marked her page and was just standing up when Stravos spoke. She was only half listening and on the way to the door when a particular line shone out.

"Researchers, focus on the Speed and the old Heal spell. I dislike the new spells they taught these new Keepers..."

She choked back a laugh, glancing around for the other library goblin.

"Good call, tor'ka..." she muttered, calling him by an obscure goblin word for fool. Who'd actually want to read about workshops anyway? Better to go and manufacture for yourself.

Barb exited the Library as the Keeper trailed off. She cast her mind back to the stuff she had missed out. She knew it was something about killing scorpions and rewards.

She snorted. So his first group hadn't finished them off, hey? The fly and the goblin she'd passed as they fled back through the hatchery. She cast he mind back to the last time the Keeper spoke to her, trying to remember there names.

=]The goblin was called... Ba-Ka, yes that was it! But who was the fly? Something like Zara... it doesn't matter.[=

What mattered was that they'd failed. She wandered what clan Ba-Ka was, or if he even belonged to one. Who knew with all these dungeon types? A goblins only true loyalty was to themselves and their clan. No Keeper would ever stand in the way of that for her. She knew her place.

Unsheathing her short sword, still slightly stained by chicken blood, she made southward through the ruined hatchery... How tough could a scorpion be?

Mood: Uneasy, Mildly Confident,

The goblin Gangah,

Gangah slowly climbs up the portal, jumping from one side to the other, feeling weaker with every jump.

(Why does this have to happen every time...) Gangah mumbles to himself.

Finally arriving at the top of the portal, Gangah takes a big jump and leaps straight out of the portal room towards the dungeon heart.

''Keeper! I have come to serve you in battle!'' Gangah shouts.

Waiting for an answer, Gangah decides to go to the lair and make a bed near the hatchery.

Summary:
    Health : 100%
    Gangah is in the lair
    Level : 1
    Summary : Gangah entered Asgard and asked to join the realm
    Last edited by zaikantos; April 22nd, 2010 at 10:51.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Ba-Ka

Ba-Ka gets up and heads to the Hatchery, which wasn't far away.

Hatchery

Ba-Ka grabs one chicken, twists it's neck, rips it's head off, and shallows the entire body of the chicken.

"Aw, yeah. I'm ready to fight those Scorpions again!"

Ba-Ka turns and heads to the Scorpions once again. He looks at the female Goblin, and catches up to her.

"Hello ma'am. I am Ba-Ka, what is your name?"

Ba-Ka

Health: 90%
    Mood: Ready for more!

Gamer IDs

Barb, the Goblin

Barb looked behind her to see the goblin Ba-Ka catch up with her.

"Hello ma'am. I am Ba-Ka, what is your name?"

Barb gave her sword a practice wave, cutting the air, before answering.

"Greetings, Ba-Ka. I am Barb, proud warrior of the clan Tusk. Do you seek to join me in battle?"

Tough talk, but good before engaging in battle.

Mood: Pumped

Hellhound

Sara, Sky Wanderer

"Bzzzt....Bzzzt..."

Sara shifted in position a little bit, but was still fast asleep. She was dreaming of the life of old, the large, rolling fields of the prairie and her parents. She also dreamt of Derrick's kindness and the Priestess that saved her. So many good things in the past, never to live any longer...

"Bzzt......"

Some say the past can be repeated. Yet, this does not apply to the happiness Sara once loved and knew. Yes, it was all gone now, living on only as a fading memory. A reflection of what she once was, now only a shell that the soul resides in. All lost, never to return... Sara still sleeps, but dreams no more.

Sara Summary:
    Level: 1
    Health: 52%
    Gold: 75
    Mood: ...Unknown.
    Summary: Sara is still resting in her lair.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Ba-Ka

"Pleasure to meet you Barb. Now let's take those Scorpions out!"

Ba-Ka rushes outside.

Outside

Ba-Ka saw the Scorpions, and picked up a rock. However, before he even threw it, the Scorpions were already charging at him.

"I must of pissed the maggots off."

The Scorpions were quite a ways off, but at the rate they're moving, they'll be at Ba-Ka in no time.

Ba-Ka

Health: 90%
    Mood: Bring it on, MAGGOT!

Gamer IDs

Barb, the Goblin

Barb followed Ba-Ka out of the dungeon an he answered her statement.

"Pleasure to meet you Barb. Now let's take those Scorpions out!"

He said something else but it was lost in the moment. The Scorpions came at them, looking mighty annoyed. Then Barb was charging, clutching her sword in her hands, rapidly closing ground with her opponent whose tail lifted, poised to strike. Time slowed. Her hands were sweaty. Her heart pumped. A battle cry slipped from her between lips.

CONTACT!!

There was no time for thought or anything other than action, not in battle. She dived and rolled left, more on instinct than anything else. The scorpion plowed right past her, and she swung round her short sword, hacking deep into the base of its tail as it passed her.

The scorpion shrieked in pain and frustration before rounding on her, open and in the path of its full fury, prone after she overbalanced on the last strike. It grabbed her leg with its claws, almost crushing it, and threw her into the water in a awkward sort of hammer throw.

She landed back-first in an almighty spray. Water rushed in from everywhere, dragging her down. She choked and clawed her way to the surface only to see the scorpion rushing at her.

She snarled and grasped her short sword ready for the next onslaught...

Health: 84%
    Mood: Pumped