That works.

Have fun with Flint's stay in Asgard!

And remember, no refunds! : D

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Re: Asgard OCC Thread

That be my go-ahead? =)

Very well... Flint on the way

EDIT ~ I'm confused... was the battle outside the dungeon from the taking over of the dungeon or after? The Valkyrie wouldn't still be hanging around and people wouldn't still be dying if it was from the battle because it would have been quite a while before since they had time to put down magic barriers and build a guard room and such... yet that kind of makes sense geographically.

Was the battle just coincidental?
    Last edited by MeinCookie; October 5th, 2010 at 11:50.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Hellhound

Timeline:

-Old Keeper sets up shop in this new realm.
    -Old Keeper builds a few rooms and recruits a few creatures.
    -Heroes notice the Keeper's presence and builds up an army.
    -Several skirmishes occur.
    -One "final" battle in the northern chamber, leading to the death of many.
    -Old Keeper falls, dungeon is ruined.
    -Heroes place the Wards and leave the place, sending occasional patrols to watch over the ruins.
    -A day or two after this fact, Stravos arrives.
    -Rest is history.

Now, for possible explanation of time.

The first major battle did occur during the takeover. During this, many creatures did fall and is in another cycle of decay. (not explained in said post.) Everyone from the first battle was redeemed and whatnot.
    However, we'll say that Victor survived the first bout, as well as a few wounded creatures. They found a place to regroup (illogical considering my map, but let's enjoy the embrace of retcons) and try to regain their strength before counterattacking. Even though they knew their Keeper was dead, there was no place to escape (Wards prevented them from going down the portal whence they came). The only outcome was combat.
    Stravos arrived and was busy building his dungeon while Victor's little remnant tried to regain strength. The story of Stravos can be found in the main Asgard thread.

The hardest part to explain is when the Patrol shows up. Major battles take more time than a simple skirmish (although we do have the excuse that our little battle in the dungeon took way longer than normal, but even then that is stretching it.) Sometime after the Patrol came down to investigate, Victor led the counterattack of his few "elite" creatures. They charged northward, but were beaten back to the giant battlefield. The Valkyrie herself arrived to lend assistance in the struggle. Needless to say, all the creatures died or were dieing save for Victor, who was buried under the pile of the fallen.
    The surviving heroes cleared out and the Valkyrie was left on the battlefield alone, starting the redemption process.
    At this time, Robert and Norlon ran for their lives trying to escape. They thoughts about the battle were not explained in said post, as they were focused on the Valkyrie and the retreat.

Now, in relations to Flint...
    The real thing to only change may just be the time he's been in Asgard to a few weeks or maybe even a month or two.
    And the Valkyrie is long gone, which was explained in Victor's entrance post (# 100).
    Otherwise, everything works fine.

Edit: The Guard Room was built by the old Keeper, not the Heroes.

Gamer IDs

I may say he arrived through the portal before the dead Keeper moved in and edit that post if you don't mind. That'll make much more sense.

I'll say he hid in the south and then moved up further north when the old keeper died but before the wards were created, yes? No... I won't say that - doesn't even make much sense. I'm sure the portal was probably connected to the Northern chamber before Keeper A's arrival in Asgard. Nothing says it wasn't. He'll have lived between the opposing factions minding his own, happy til they came along.

The battle though... perhpaps the main last battle was after a smaller elite force of creatures had flanked them and already killed the Keeper. They tried to retreat back to the portal... but the elite force had already set up the magical wards blocking them. Over the next days they were trapped and slowly killed off by heroes from both sides. Any dead creatures in the dungeon could have been killed by the elite force before the creatures to the north were sufficiently thinned to make it back through and join the northern force in fighting the remainder of the creatures. The battle is finishing up as Stravos arrives. The last of the creatures are finished and they send a small detachment to checkthe state of the dungeon and that the wards they established to block the creatures retreat at the start of the battle are still in place. Meanwhile, the hero army heads back to wherever they are based and regroups unaware that their patrol have run into trouble. The dungeon battle last long enough for them to be gone by the time the survivors get away.

MeinCookie's possible timeline

That would move the battle forwards a little. Makes more sense to me. Just a possibility.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; October 6th, 2010 at 06:13.

Hellhound

Let me see...

Note: Before all this, Flint is assumed to be already in Asgard.

Battle Timeline:
    1: Main Hero / Creature Forces engaged in the Northern Chamber.
    2: Special Hero Forces manage to get to the Dungeon and ruin / kill the Keeper / kill all occupants. They also set up Wards. (Main Forces still engaged) [This may actually be possible, since there is another "caved-in" entrance to the west. And yes, this is intentional]
    3: Creatures are losing ground, they try to retreat but the wards / Special Forces block their only escape route.
    4: With Heroes in the North having sufficient supplies and an "endless" supply of men, in addition with the Special Forces down south (who have the training to survive), the Creatures are slowly picked off, one by one. Victor poses to be a large problem.
    5: The Valkyrie arrives to end this conflict. Both Heroes charge in to finish off the Creatures in the middle. It is a massacre for the Creatures, but a good amount of Heroes fall as well.
    6: A patrol is sent from a small number of Special Forces and Normal Forces to check the state of the wards. In addition, both Hero Armies move out.
    7: The patrol heads into trouble without the armies knowing of it. The Valkyrie is redeeming people on the battlefield.
    8: Most of the patrol manages to escape, leading to Victor's entrance to the dungeon.

Will that work? It adds your information and makes it a heck of a lot simpler than my original (which I just came up with on the spot).

Gamer IDs

Yep... as far as I can see that does tally with everything accept Flint's post - which i will edit. It works well. It is also cool to think that all the while that Stravos is expanding there is an epic battle going on up north.

Alrighty, time to fix that post...

EDIT ~ Done... but if I missed something as I always seem to do then say something.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; October 7th, 2010 at 07:02.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

I have no bloody clue what I want for my third creature... *Thinks* I... Don't know.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    I have no bloody clue what I want for my third creature... *Thinks* I... Don't know.
    I want a Maiden and a Witch but Sire hasn't replied to me on the latter *cries*
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Hellhound

I'll get around for posting as Stravos and Victor, eventually...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sire View Post
    I'll get around for posting as Stravos and Victor, eventually...
    How are you still a chicken? o.O

I'll have more time to post for a while, however, I'm still waiting for Sire. Get your lazy self to work Sire! :P
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!