Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tunngle : the alternative to Hamachi

Default Re: Tunngle : the alternative to Hamachi

Regardless, I've never seen such a bad protocol. But then again I haven't had to deal with such old games before.

By the way, the speed of light does matter; especially if sending data from Australia to Europe or some such. Considering a light ray only can travel around 7 times in one second around the globe... I guess it influences electronics as well but I can't remember my physics lessons...
    Last edited by p_hansson; April 24th, 2010 at 11:24.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Default Re: Tunngle : the alternative to Hamachi

Quote Originally Posted by P_Hansson View Post
    Regardless, I've never seen such a bad protocol. But then again I haven't had to deal with such old games before.

By the way, the speed of light does matter; especially if sending data from Australia to Europe or some such. Considering a light ray only can travel around 7 times in one second around the globe... I guess it influences electronics as well but I can't remember my physics lessons...
    Well the problem is not the speed of light itself, but the speed atwhich you can convert a light signal to an electrical signal thats the bottleneck as i understand it.

If there was a direct optical link between Australia and Europe without any hope in between you'd probably be able to play on australian game servers with the same amount of lag as on any other european server - well almost anyways, as the light itself still need it's time to travel down under.

The is also why a pure optical computer would be interesting because the bandwidth and the response time would be insanely fast.