Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hydroblast9's Art Thread

Default Re: Hydroblast9's Art Thread

Okay, then we should listen what Synth said. However, it might be cool if we can do something fun, so I'm not just sitting around and darw some stuff.
    Last edited by Hydroblast9; April 21st, 2010 at 21:31.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: beringline

Quote Originally Posted by Synesthesia View Post
    Ahhh, I thought you were talking about the art and story for wfto. Probably my fault for not reading properly, heh.

As for an art contest, I have to say I think it's a bit of a waste of time unless the subject matter is a concept piece for the game, say a character or room design.
    I don't understand why make a contest, even if it was a concept piece. There is no need for two or more people working on the same piece of design at the same time. It would only be a waste of time.
    If more people should work on the same design, it should be as it is now. Concept is shown, people do critique, and then it can be kept working on. In that way, the same thing isn't been drawn twice.
    And if the piece isn't good enough, then another artist can take over the job, and do it properly.

And to see who draws the "best". Well, I think there's a pretty easy conclusion to who that is. (^ POINT!)

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hydroblast9 View Post
    Okay, then we should follow what Synth said. However, it might be cool if we can do something fun, so I'm not just sitting around and darw some stuff.
    What do you mean about "I'm not just sitting around and draw some stuff?"

Do you mean, you need something specific, to draw for the game? Or a specific task? - Because if so. Perhaps we should assign an art director who keep track of what people draw and assign specific assignments for the people who aren't sure what to design next.

I had problems knowing what I should draw to begin with. I started doing suggestions I thought were nice, then I began doing some funny designs, and now I've moved on to do specific stuff, like the hatchery, and currently I am working on a design for the Bile Demon lair. No clue if it's already been designed.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pablo404 PSN ID: pablo404

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbaby View Post

Do you mean, you need something specific, to draw for the game? Or a specific task? - Because if so. Perhaps we should assign an art director who keep track of what people draw and assign specific assignments for the people who aren't sure what to design next.
    I think we could do with a list of what needs to be designed and who's doing what so that we don't end up working on the same things. I don't think any lairs have been designed yet so your ok to go ahead with that MB. Would you be happy to come up with designs for all of the creatures lairs?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Synesthesia View Post
    I think we could do with a list of what needs to be designed and who's doing what so that we don't end up working on the same things. I don't think any lairs have been designed yet so your ok to go ahead with that MB. Would you be happy to come up with designs for all of the creatures lairs?
    Yea sure thing.

Hellhound

Currently I'm assigning Hydroblast9 to draw suggestions and a few extra things, but nothing that is hard-tied to WFTO as of yet. (Someone with higher authority can override this command)

Thing is, he'll be somewhere else in 2 months and I can't oversee his actions or artwork direction. In addition, I don't think they have a scanner where he is going...

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbaby View Post

I had problems knowing what I should draw to begin with. I started doing suggestions I thought were nice, then I began doing some funny designs, and now I've moved on to do specific stuff, like the hatchery, and currently I am working on a design for the Bile Demon lair. No clue if it's already been designed.
    Thats what I meant to say. So basicly, I need more suggestions and comments from the game, so that I could truely help in this community.

Yeah I guess, i need more specific task.

(Hope this make sense)
    Last edited by Hydroblast9; April 21st, 2010 at 21:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Sire View Post
    Currently I'm assigning Hydroblast9 to draw suggestions and a few extra things, but nothing that is hard-tied to WFTO as of yet. (Someone with higher authority can override this command)

Thing is, he'll be somewhere else in 2 months and I can't oversee his actions or artwork direction. In addition, I don't think they have a scanner where he is going...
    I think it's best that he, Synth and MB have a discussion and decide what they can do each. IMO, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by QwentyJ View Post
    I think it's best that he, Synth and MB have a discussion and decide what they can do each. IMO, of course.
    @QuentyJ

You mean, make a team? If thats what your talking about, then I don't have problems with that.

Gamer IDs

Now I haven't spoken with Syn. yet. But what I think you should do, untill we figure out how exactly everything is going to work out. Is to start like I started. Doing suggestions. And don't be scare of throwing away work, in case the suggestion didn't make it into the game. None of the ones I did artwork of did.
    But it is a good start, also to get a bit familiar with drawing Dungeon Keeper related stuff.

So far, a lot of things aren't really planned, besides me doing the lairs. But later on we will find out a specific task for you, and figure out what suits you the best.