Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Hydroblast9's Art Thread

Default Re: Hydroblast9's Art Thread

Cool artwork, but I think you should ditch the anime/manga style if you want to progress stylistically. It's a very poor base to learn how to draw properly since it is too simple and unchallenging to provide a steady evolution. Also forget about the classic arms-open stances and start picturing movement more frequently. The best way to create a character is first to picture it in action. The essence of a character lies in what he does, the way he moves, and how that feels to the spectator. Different looks and aspects are easily adapted from this starting ground.

My advice for you is to start looking at classic 20th century fantasy & sci-fi illustrators for reference, especially those in the lines of Frank Frazetta and Ian McCaig, that is, if you really dig classic fantasy artwork and intend to keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sire View Post
    Irrelevant to WFTO (Hydroblast and I have taken a break and are awaiting further orders), but he drew something for a fanfiction I am writing (Not Alternative Reality). It was scanned, so quality is low and the darker colors were lost.

Also note that Hydroblast will leave in a week, so afterwards he will not be able to help with WFTO anymore. He may still be online, but his new location may lack a scanner and supervisor. (And he does not work unless someone is looking over his shoulder)

Quote Originally Posted by QwentyJ View Post
    Perhaps you should consider a job in PR, ANR?!

It's encouraging stuff. Perhaps he might like to move on from the Pixies and draw some ideas for Mercenaries?
    *cough*

Hellhound

I miss the old Quote system when it got everything, including the quotes within the quotes...

Alas...

Quote Originally Posted by QwentyJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sire
    (Hydroblast and I have taken a break and are awaiting further orders)
    Perhaps he might like to move on from the Pixies and draw some ideas for Mercenaries?
    *cough*
    Did not catch that, sorry for the inconvenience. However, Hydroblast will be leaving this weekend, so he will not be able to contribute to WFTO anymore unless stated. (And even his contributions were little, I had to force him to sit down and draw in addition to looking over his shoulder for progress every two seconds, otherwise he would be off doing something else. He would never work as long as he got away with it.)

He never played Dungeon Keeper. Why he registered on the forum is beyond my understanding, the only use of him here was a slight help in the graphic department.

May this thread slowly flutter down the pages to be forgotten.

hey....um.. my drawing improves really fast. I can draw a lamborghini accurately 8)