Thread: The little dungeon on the prairie

Default The little dungeon on the prairie

Hello,

I don't how it's possible I haven't found this forum earlier.
    I've been working on a "kind of" dungeon keeper 3 project for now more than one year. I've recently came public as it started taking shape. I'm way more into coding and stuff, than an artist. Please see my post here for introducing the game:
    http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/forum/i...?topic=13462.0

Would you be interested in discussing more about the project ? Unfortunately I don't even have the decent time to create a post, as I have to rush out, and as I just discovered your forum, I'm not even sure I'm posting this at the right spot !!

Thanks,

Adrien

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: WFTO is dead

Hello and welcome here shagros!

Wow! Very interesting project here! And of course we'd be interested to discuss about it, but not here. I guess it deserves to have another forum subsection into the "Bullfrog Remakes" section.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Default Re: WFTO is dead

Looks to be interesting, have you released any demos yet?
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Default Re: Information

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

Thats a very nice looking project. Which project is it you want to discuss?

*shrug* I think he lost us...
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Default Re: The little dungeon on the prairie

probably, he wasn't around for a long while. I wonder if he's still working on it...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

He's been developing ti for a year so I think he is.

My theory is that he exploded in his home.

GOODNESS!!!!

at last !!!

I just checked for few days now this forum and never saw my answer appear so I gave up, and then since I received no notification ... anyway so yep I'm still on my project, actually I would like to discuss very seriously on this.

What I do: So as mentioned, I'm very much of a coder, and I humbly think I do can handle the coding on such a project on my own. Most of my time has actually been 'wasted' on designing because I have no one that does 3D arts. So probably I've gone through an inefficient way so far. I have had several people helping or offering to help me on different aspects, but my experience is that given my degree of involvement in this project (overall 3-5h per day - yes I have no life -), I can mostly only rely on myself.

At this very precise moment, I'm reaching a state of fed-up-ness with this inefficiency on the designing so I have in front on me 2 possibilities (giving up is not one of my options). Either I partner with one or two highly motivated/committed designer, that will provide the nice looking meshes (as mentioned in some post, my goal is rather die then to produce an ugly looking game), or going with some modeler that I will pay. Since I have recently had not much feedback on any designer, I decided to go with the latter. Also I just realized (like really a few days ago) how ridiculously and outrageously easy it was to produce good looking asset using cel shading.

So at the moment my choice is toward switching to cel-shading and having the models outsourced. I still have a certain length of way to go, but would be really interested in finding some people to help on any aspect. Bottom line is I am going to finish this project, whatever way I have to go.

Would be interested in a skype or msn or gchat conversation with anyone interested, just check the pdf docs posted,

Adrien

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Quote Originally Posted by shagros View Post
    I just checked for few days now this forum and never saw my answer appear so I gave up, and then since I received no notification ... anyway so yep I'm still on my project, actually I would like to discuss very seriously on this.
    Sorry my fault did some forum rearranging after your post that got this post split and moved a few times.

If you want to get notified of replies in this thread click here.